The Care Coordination Benchmark Study analyzes data from over 140,000 post-acute episodes, 15,000 skilled nursing facilities, and 4,000 hospitals to share learnings on how hospital systems can improve its bottom-line performance and optimize patient care through enhanced care coordination.
Key insights include:
- Readmission cost imbalances between small and large hospital systems
- The financial impact of small increases in readmission rates
- How revenue leakage is impacting risk and cost
- The relationship between length of stay and cost per post-acute episode
- How BPCI programs are impacting cost per episode